Monday 25 September 2023

HEAL WITH YOGA

  

Presenting the complete article , part of which was published in 

www.timesofindia.com  Hyderabad edition on September 20th , 2023.

 It was a chance visit to Auroville , Pondicherry in the December of 2022 that awakened inside me a quest to unite my mind, body, soul  with mindfulness of time , space , surroundings and consequences of my choices.

When Ms Smita my friend who is a certified yoga expert offered to assist I began learning restorative yogic practices at the age of 45. For past eight months that I have been attending yoga sessions. The outcomes are apparent- lesser episodes of headaches, thoughts less jumbled, body more flexible with definite inch loss. Yoga is much more than a framework of complex asanas or chants or speedy toolkit to nirvana. It is about realization and reorientation of our inner energy.

There is a need to dispel misconceptions around yoga being meant for older people, skinny youngsters or for the ones looking to attain spirituality. Yoga should not be considered a mere adjunct to other forms of exercise but a complete workout in itself. It is effective and enough to meet the fitness needs of all. Yoga is far more comprehensive because it promotes mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. 

I was recently detected with early signs of arthrosis in both knees. I had witnessed my mother suffer the pain of osteo arthritis. It was practices of meditation that helped me absorb the shock that I too was diagnosed with same ailment and precisely at the same age. I understand that the condition is irreversible, progress gradual and i might have to live with arthritis rest of my life. The belief in yoga is helping me to reconcile and repair. The strengthening of mind is as equally essential as strengthening of muscles. I am sure I will glide through it.

I proudly submit that Yes yoga has changed my life and I am glad to embrace the change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like What I Write?
Leave a Review even a
A Love Note will DO!

It Keeps The Fire Burning.
Gratitude.
A.S

The matter in the blog is owned/copyright solely by the blogger. No part of this Blog may be reproduced or copied in any form.